Important Information Aloha!
- Reservations are required and space is limited. Please call in advance to reserve your optimum desired lesson or camp time. walk ups are welcome on a space available basis.
- We are available to answer phone calls Daily from 7am to 9pm (Pacific time).
- If you need to cancel a reservation with us, we ask for 24 hour notice so that we don't turn away other eager surfers.
- Children ages 9 and under are very welcome. They are required to participate in private lesson as their inherent need for greater supervision necessitates more instructor attention.
- Professional photo's are offered by Maui Digital Images upon request. Photo's are received at the completion of your lesson on a CD 15+ images are captured for only $20 per person!
- All students are given a 10% frequent surfer discount on all continuation lessons and day camps after their fist day.
- We graciously accept cash traverlers checks and vendor vouchers only.
Class and Camp Schedules
- Daily Beginner Group Lessons: 2 Hour class times are at 7am, 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am & 1pm. We are open for lessons Monday thru Saturday, and 7 days a week for board rentals!
- Group Classes and day camps are limited to to 5 students per instructor. Guaranteed! Early reservations are recommended!
- Private Lessons, Intro Beginner, Beginner, Advanced Beginner and Intermediate Private Lessons last 2 hours and are scheduled at 7am, 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am & 1pm daily.
- All day surfing camps are scheduled daily from 8:00am to 2:00pm
Meet us at our shop on the beach
- Meet us in Lahaina at the Goofy Foot Surf School Shop. Located at the 505 Front Street Shops, Suite 123. Check-in 30 minutes before class time. Please be on time.
- There is pay parking in the lot across the street from the shopping center at 505 Front Street at the corner of Shaw & Front Street in Lahaina.
- There are fresh water showers, restrooms and many great little restaurants and shops at our meeting place.
- In preparation for your lesson, please consider enhancing your surfing experience on Maui by preparing before you come with some sustained stretching and physical conditioning.
- Students need to bring a swim suit, towel and sunscreen.
- Students may bring their own water shoes or booties, and wet shirts, otherwise they will be provided.
Our company Philososphy & Mission Statement
At Goofy Foot Surf School we feel it is a privilege to teach surfing. Our primary focus is on giving each student the best and safest surfing experience possible. It is our responsibility to professionally teach the skills of surfing and instill in students a healthy respect and awareness of the beauty and power of Mother Ocean.
"Goofy Foot" is one of the oldest terms still current in surfing jargon. It describes a right foot forward surfing stance and was coined from a Walt Disney film in the 1950's in which Goofy surfed with his right foot forward. The phrase has made its way into use in all boarding sports distinguishing the stance from a regular or natural foot which has the left foot towards the front of the board. At Goofy Foot Surf School, both styles are taught, and we like to say that our instruction is given with the best foot forward.
Goofy Foot now offers standup paddle surfing lessons. We'll be adding a full description to the website in the coming weeks - but in the meantime, please enquire about SUP lessons at the shop or by phone!
Goofy Foot Surf School INC
Was established in Lahaina, Maui in April, 1994 by the Owner/Instructor Tim Sherer to perpetuate his relationship with Mother Ocean and to teach the ancient Hawaiian sport of surfing. We are dedicated to providing professional surfing lessons to all levels of aspiring students in the spirit of fun and learning. We are committed to facilitating the highest level of experience for our guests with a focus on teaching safety, ocean awareness and surfing fundamentals.
You will stand and ride a wave in one TWO-Hour Lesson,
OR IT'S ON US!!
Mahalo! Peace & Aloha from Goofy Foot Surf School